A sweet & spicy shareable finger food. Perfect for an appetizer or main dish – Great for entertaining guests where there is a spread of food to graze on. Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping!
- 1.5 – 2 lbs Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup Frank’s hot sauce – (this brand really makes the sauce!)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes – (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Add flour and chicken strips to a large zip-lock bag, seal, and shake to coat chicken.
- Place panko in a bowl. In a second bowl whisk together eggs and water. Dip flour-coated chicken pieces into the egg mixture to coat, then toss in the panko crumbs (make sure to coat well) and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes until golden-brown and cooked through (165°F internal temp).
- While chicken tenders are baking, prepare the sauce….In a medium sauce pan combine all sauce ingredients. Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then reduce to low and allow to simmer until ready to use.
- When chicken is finished cooking, use tongs to toss chicken tenders in the sauce. Serve warm with ranch dressing, if desired.