This recipe can be make in 30 minutes, or less! It’s one of my favorite go-to weekly meal prep recipes – and is a perfect way to use leftovers! Make ahead, and keep in your fridge for a perfect grab and go breakfast!
- 10 Local Eggs
- 1 x 12-16oz Bag Frozen Hash browns
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese, separated
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar (or your favorite cheese)
- 1/2 Cup Asparagus, cooked & rough chopped (optional)
- …any other toppings you’d like (cooked & chopped) – Bacon, Sausage, Ham, Broccoli, tomatoes, peppers…you are only limited by your imagination!
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Non-Stick Cupcake tin, for 12 cupcakes
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the Hash browns according to the directions on the package.
- While hash browns are cooking, crack eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add milk and cream cheese to the eggs and whisk until blended. You may need to take a fork & cut up the cream cheese, so that it is dispersed throughout the egg mixture. Season with Salt & pepper, to taste.
- Once hash browns are cooked, distribute evenly among cupcake tin. Using the back of a tablespoon, pack the hash brown into the tin so that it covers the bottom and is coming up the sides a bit… as if you’re building a little nest!
- Once your hash brown nests are made, carefully pour your egg mixture into each tin, filling up to about a centimeter from the top of the tin.
- Add your toppings! About a tablespoon of each will fit perfectly! This week, I chose to do egg and cheese, asparagus & cheese, and Sausage & cheese.
- Once oven is pre-heated, cook for 10 minutes & then let rest before transferring into storage container.