Yields enough sauce to marinade 2 lbs of meat!
Great to use with Chicken, Pork, Shrimp or White Fish!
- 1/4 Cup, Green Olives (pickled), diced
- 1/4 Cup, Calamata Olives (pickled), Diced
- 1.5 Cups, Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup, Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup, Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup, Honey
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Capers, Chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 3 Tbsp, Water
- 1 tsp, Salt – Or more, to taste
- 2 tsp, Red Pepper Flakes – or more, to taste
- Add all ingredients to blender in order, as listed above.
- Blend on Medium-low for 30 seconds, or until olives are chopped enough and dispersed throughout mixture. (It will be “chunky”)
- Once mixture is blended, place meat in a zip lock bag or bowl & pour marinade over top. Let meat marinade for at least an hour, before grilling. Do not marinade for more than 24 hours.
- Be sure baste your meat while grilling, with any leftover marinade! Also – when grilling marinated meats, it is always best to avoid direct heat while cooking. This can easily be resolved by using tin-foil, if you do not have a grill tray/basket or the ability to adjust your grates.
Marinade can be made ahead of time and placed in a jar or zip lock bag.
Separation will occur, so be sure to shake vigorously or pop back into the blender for a few pulses.