Servings: 4 | Prep/Cook Time: 1.5 Hours
- 4 pc Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- 4 pc Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 QT of our Store-Made Vodka Sauce (or your favorite jar brand, or make from scratch!)
- 1/2 Pint Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8oz Fresh Baby Portabella Mushrooms, Sliced (optional)
- 1 White Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil, for garnish
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F
- In a large skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, begin to braise your chicken in small batches – About 4 minutes each side. Once chicken is browned on both sides, move it into a 9″x 13″ Baking dish. [TIP: Never over-crowd chicken in the pan when braising; If you crowd chicken, it will steam the chicken instead of browning up a nice caramelized skin. Chicken should not be touching, and should have at least 1-inch of space between other pieces.]
- Once all of your chicken is braised, remove the pan from heat. Scrape the pan to loosen all brown bits (leaving in the pan for flavor). If needed, add more oil to the pan to create a thin layer to sautee vegetables.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add chopped Onion and cook until onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Once onion is translucent, add minced garlic & cook until onion begins to brown. Once Onion & garlic begins to brown, add sliced mushrooms and cherry tomatoes – cook for another 3-4 minutes, while stirring.
- Add Vodka Sauce to the pan of caramelized onions, garlic, tomatoes, & mushrooms. Stir until sauce begins to simmer, and then remove from heat – Being careful, pour sauce over-top of chicken.
- Cover chicken loosely with foil & put in pre-heated oven. Bake chicken for 45-60 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Garnish with Fresh Basil, and serve with Risotto or roasted potatoes and a vegetable – Enjoy!