Recipe is for two, and can be easily doubled or tripled to your needs! This is another great recipe to prepare ahead of time to cook the next day – When I made this recipe, I marinated the steaks overnight and then all I had to do was pop them on the grill the next day, I grilled up some bell peppers, zucchini, and onion alongside the steaks, and made an easy pot of rice to go with it all. Easy, quick, minimal prep and cleaning – sign me up!
- 2 Flat Iron Steaks
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Sherry Wine
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons (heaping) Minced Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons (3-5 cloves) Minced Garlic, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, more or less to taste
- Garnish: 2 Tablespoons Roasted Sesame Seeds and 2 Green Onions, slivered.
- Gather all ingredients together – soy sauce, sherry, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and flat iron steak.
- Whisk the ingredients in a bowl. Place the steaks and marinade in a plastic zip top bag and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours (Can marinade overnight).
- Grill steaks on medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare steaks. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and green onion slivers on top to garnish.