Yield: 4 Servings
Total Prep & Cook Time: 40 minutes
To keep things light, serve with a steamed green vegetable like green beans, kale, broccoli, or spinach and garnish with lemon wedges. Also goes well with wild rice or roasted red potatoes!
- 2 lbs Chicken Tenderloins or Boneless Skinless Breast
- 1/3 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1.5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice, to taste
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
Serve with a steamed green vegetable like green beans, kale, broccoli, or spinach and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place flour is shallow dish or large plate, and season with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge chicken in flour. If using chicken breast….halve chicken breasts horizontally and cover each piece in plastic wrap – Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten each piece to 1/4 inch thickness prior to dusting chicken with flour.
- In large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in 2-3 batches, for 3 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a baking tray. Cover with foil and keep warm in the pre-heated oven.
- In same pan, over medium heat – add butter, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender. Stir in stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Arrange Chicken on a serving platter and spoon mushroom mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with steamed vegetable and lemon wedges.